Costa Rica has two international airports. The Juan Santamaria International Airport is located near
Alajuela city and is 12 kilometers from San Jose, or about seven miles. It is the airport with the most year round transit.
The other airport is the Daniel Oduber International Airport located in Guanacaste Province in the City of Liberia.
Flor de Lis Naturalist tours does not book or sell airline international tickets, but we are happy to provide you with the following list of airlines serving Costa Rica:
SOME HELPFUL SUGGESTIONS
1. Keep a copy of your PASSPORT and leave the original in the safety deposit box of your hotel. (For bank transactions, you will need the ORIGINAL PASSPORT, however.)
2. Keep valuables and money in a safe place, and only carry as much money as you need for the day. Most businesses accept credit cards and in all towns there are at lease one ATM.
3. Travel with your PASSPORT and MONEY in separate places in case of robbery or loss.
4. Leave a copy of your ITINERARY and IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS with a friend or family member and let them know of any major changes in your travel plans.
WHAT TO TAKE WHILE VISITING COSTA RICA?
1. CASUAL CLOTHES for trips to the city and light synthetic or cotton clothes for the beach areas.
2. Cameras and binoculars with film and accessories as needed.
3. USB Flash memory (To transfer pictures when your memory card is full) or an additional memory card for your camera.
4. Sweater or light jacket for early morning or night use.
5. SHOES: LIGHTWEIGHT HIKING BOOTS, SANDALS, AND TENNIS SHOES, not necessarily all three, but two of three is helpful.
6. SUN BLOCK
7. If you are taking any medication, be sure to have your prescription from your doctor in case it is necessary to buy medicines in Costa Rica.
8. Swimming suit
9. Insect repellant
10. Rain coat